By Kent A. Ono
- Essays are drawn from overseas guides, from the Nineteen Seventies to the present
- Includes assurance of psychology, historical past, literature, feminism, sexuality, id politics, our on-line world, popular culture, queerness, hybridity, and diasporic consciousness
- Features an invaluable advent by way of the editor reviewing the choices, and outlining destiny chances for the field
- Can be used along Asian American experiences After serious Mass, edited via Kent A. Ono, for a whole connection with Asian American Studies.
Read Online or Download A Companion to Asian American Studies (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
Birmingham served because the level for essentially the most dramatic and critical moments within the background of the civil rights fight. during this vibrant narrative account, Glenn Eskew strains the evolution of nonviolent protest within the urban, focusing rather at the occasionally challenging intersection of the neighborhood and nationwide pursuits.
Targeting intersecting problems with country, race, and gender, this quantity inaugurates new types for American literary and cultural background. matters and voters unearths the various ways that quite a lot of canonical and non-canonical writing contends with the main the most important social, political, and literary problems with our previous and current.
Instructing should not be color-blind. In an international the place many think the easiest method towards removing racism is to feign lack of information of our palpable actual changes, a number of have led the move towards convincing fellow educators not just to contemplate race yet to exploit it because the very foundation in their instructing.
Common equality is a precious political notion in France, yet fresh anxiousness over the country’s Muslim minority has resulted in an emphasis on a brand new type of universalism, one selling loyalty to the kingdom on the price of all ethnic and spiritual affiliations. This well timed booklet bargains a clean standpoint at the debate via displaying that French equality has no longer continuously demanded an erasure of ameliorations.
- Antiracist Education: From Theory to Practice
- The Roots of Rough Justice: Origins of American Lynching
- Latino Crossings: Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and the Politics of Race and Citizenship: Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and the Politics of Race and Citizenship
- Who Are You? What is Your Faith?: America's 21st Century Alt-Right and Catholic Social Doctrine
- Self-Determination and the Social Education of Native Americans
- Into the Cannibal's Pot: Lessons for America from Post-Apartheid South Africa
Extra resources for A Companion to Asian American Studies (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies)
A Companion to Asian American Studies (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) by Kent A. Ono